A truly unique opportunity for a strong Computer Scientist with strong Artificial Intelligence/AI knowledge to work for a Venture Capitalist firm who are renowned for brilliant success in the Cambridge tech start-up market.
Offering a wealth of career progression, and the opportunity to be sitting on tech boards within 5 years, this role is ideal for anyone with brilliant academics coupled with an astute, outgoing and ambitious personality, who wants to be involved in acquisitions by some of the biggest names in tech.
Investment Analyst – Artificial Intelligence
A truly unique opportunity for a strong Computer Scientist with strong Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning knowledge to work for a Venture Capitalist firm who are renowned for brilliant success in the Cambridge tech start-up market. Offering a wealth of career progression, and the opportunity to be sitting on tech boards within 5 years, this role is ideal for anyone with brilliant academics coupled with an astute, outgoing, and ambitious personality, who wants to be involved in acquisitions by some of the biggest names in tech.
Location: Predominantly remote working – must be in easy reach of London or Cambridge for team catch-ups/networking, etc
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + healthcare + pension+ quarterly bonus
Requirements for Investment Analyst – Artificial Intelligence:
- You must have excellent knowledge in the field of Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning – this could be from a Masters/Ph.D. in Artificial Intelligence or you have held at least one technical role within AI / ML
- Ideally, you will have a Ph.D. relating to Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Academic excellence throughout
- Good logical reasoning and analytical skills
- Brilliant communication and high emotional intelligence skills – you will regularly be attending events and meetings with potential clients so you should be articulate, convey gravitas, and thrive in a communicative environment
- A keen interest in the tech start-up world shown by events attended and connections you have started to make
- Ability to work autonomously and get the job done, but always in a collaborative fashion
- While an exceptional post-grad be considered, any experience within a client facing tech role would be beneficial (even if as part of sandwich course). This could be as a Project Manager, Product Manager, Technical Consultant or Investment Analyst
Responsibilities for Investment Analyst – Artificial Intelligence
You will be working for a Venture Capitalist organisation who seek investment for tech start-ups, and subsequently guide and support these early-stage companies into success stories. The tech this company have helped drive forward has been disruptive, cutting-edge and has resulted in exits to some of the biggest names in the tech world.
Due to the tech they want to expand their investments within, they want the next person they hire to be highly knowledgeable within the area of Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning to strike up brilliant rapport and relationships with fellow technologists in this area. They are happy with a Computer Scientist with the right attributes who is looking to transfer into a VC Investment Analyst role.
Starting within the role of Investment Analyst, you will regularly attend events and meetings to grow your network; review, analyse and report on investments; analyse and advise on the latest technology trends with a view of evaluating investment opportunities and ensuring their technological fit within the investment strategy.
Within 5 years there will be the opportunity to progress into a Principal role, taking place on the boards of portfolio companies to advise on their product strategies and their engineering practices.
What this offers:
- A City-type role, but in the beautiful City of Cambridge – surrounded by cutting edge tech firms in the area known as Silicon Fen
- The opportunity to be surrounded by some of the most successful people in the Venture Capitalist world
- A fast route to reach board level
- An exciting, varied, fast-paced opportunity
Keywords- Investment Analyst / Venture Capital / VC / Finance / Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence / Mathematics / Computer Science / Post-Doc / Ph.D. / Graduate / Venture Capitalist / Investing / Funding / Technology / Python / Java / C++ / Software Engineer / Software Developer / Software Engineering / Softwre Development / Start-Up / Founder / Networker /
RedTech Recruitment Ltd focus on finding roles for Engineers and Scientists. Even if the above role isn’t of interest, please visit our website to see our other opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at RedTech. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.