A very unique opportunity has arisen for a Cloud Engineer who is looking to lead a team. This is a great chance to learn and develop your management skills within this cutting-edge business.
The role is interesting and varied and offers a great career for someone looking to step into management or has already managed a team before.
Cloud Operations Lead – Azure
A very unique opportunity has arisen for a Cloud Engineer who is looking to lead a team. This is a great chance to learn and develop your management skills within this cutting-edge business. The role is interesting and varied and offers a great career for someone looking to step into management or has already managed a team before.
Therefore, we are excited to be able to offer this Lead Cloud Operations role working for an industry-leading software company in Milton Keynes.
Location: Milton Keynes, hybrid working
Salary: £60,000 – £75,000+ excellent benefits (Including private health cover and relocation allowance)
Requirements for Cloud Operations Lead:
- Solid cloud computing experience with a good understanding of Microsoft Azure infrastructure as a service.
- Leadership or mentoring experience – this role may suit a Cloud Developer, DevOps Engineer or Cloud Operations Specialist who is ready to take the next step up
- Experienced with automation tools, such as Terraform and Ansible.
- Knowledge of task management tools like Kanban.
- Brilliant communication skills both written and verbal – this role will be dealing with internal and external teams, and creating technical documentation
- Knowledge of cloud security and compliance requirements a real plus, especially ISO27001 or PCI-DSS
Responsibilities for Cloud Operations Lead:
- Manage a team of cloud engineers, setting and monitoring goals, providing technical guidance, and conducting regular catch-ups and reviews.
- Keep the team up-to-date with emerging technologies and training, while evaluating new cloud solutions and ensuring infrastructure availability, reliability, and performance.
- Control the work schedule, balancing support desk needs, customer work, and personal development plans.
- Automate cloud operations with tools like Terraform and Ansible to improve efficiency and reduce manual errors, while monitoring resource utilization and optimizing costs.
- Collaborate with other teams to design and implement cloud-based solutions that meet business requirements, maintaining information security and infrastructure policies and standards.
- Provide technical leadership and support for cloud incidents and outages, reporting regularly to the Senior Management Team and communicating strategy to the Board.
What this offers:
- Opportunity to receive Microsoft certifications
- The opportunity to manage a team of Engineers
- A wealth of career progression opportunities – this is an expanding company and opportunities are in abundance
If you would like to apply for this unique Cloud Operations Lead opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Please send an up to date CV via the relevant link.
Keywords – Cloud / Cloud Operations Engineer / Cloud Infrastructure Engineer / Cloud Operations Analyst / Cloud Administrator / Cloud Support Engineer / Cloud Systems Administrator / Cloud DevOps Engineer / Cloud Solutions Architect / Cloud Network Engineer / Cloud Security Engineer / Amazon Web Services / Google Cloud Platform / Azure / DevOps / Engineering / Physics / Astrophysics / Python / Computer science / Mathematics / Graduate / Post-Graduate / software engineer / developer / programmer / cloud engineer / Configuration / puppet / docker / Team Leader / Manager / DevOps / Cloud Ops
RedTech Recruitment Ltd focus on finding roles for Engineers and Scientists leaving academia entering industry. Even if the above role isn’t of interest, please visit our website to see out other opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at RedTech. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.