An incredibly exciting opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join a unique start-up that has got investors very excited for its future.
This innovative company has identified a significant gap in the market and devised clever machine-learning solutions to fill it.
An incredibly exciting opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join a unique start-up that has got investors very excited for its future. This innovative company has identified a significant gap in the market and devised clever machine-learning solutions to fill it. Their impressive track record includes substantial seed funding and having already secured a partnership with one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is your chance to play a pivotal part in the infrastructure of this very exciting organisation that seems to have genuine unicorn potential within its reach.
Location: Remote working with occasional trips to Cambridge for meet-ups
Salary: £50,000 – £70,000 per annum (may be more for someone who ticks all the boxes) + share options + benefits
Requirements for DevOps Engineer:
- At least 3 years’ of commercial experience within a DevOps environment
- Experience working on sizeable architectures
- Experience with AWS, Linux and Kubernetes
- Coding ability- you don’t have to be an expert programmer but you should have experience coding from personal projects or commercial experience
- Must have experience in a start-up/small company
- You thrive in a dynamic, rapidly expanding startup environment, and have the qualities that complement it: dedication, enthusiasm, proactiveness, and a team-oriented approach.
- Good logical reasoning
- Excellent communication skills
- You are looking to stay somewhere for the long-term – coming in at this early stage, they are offering generous stock options to encourage someone to grow and develop with the organisation
- Ideally you will have a GitHub
Responsibilities for DevOps Engineer:
- Collaborate with the Head of Infrastructure to maintain and scale the infrastructure
- Manage Dockerised Python code in Kubernetes on AWS, using AWS CodePipeline and GitHub Actions for deployments.
- Implement IaC practices, primarily using Terraform and CDK-Typescript, all tracked in Git.
- Handle diverse tasks, from Python debugging to advising on high-throughput AWS architectures for ML and batch processing.
- Participate in daily stand-ups with cross-functional teams
- Execute essential maintenance tasks, such as EKS cluster upgrades and cloud backups for disaster recovery.
- Guide developers, helping them achieve goals and ensure code quality for long-term infrastructure stability.
What this offers:
- The opportunity to be pivotal in the growth of the infrastructure for a company heading for major growth and success.
- A wealth of career progression opportunities – this is an expanding company and opportunities are in abundance
- Joining a start-up who are already well established
- Stock options
If you would like to apply for this unique opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Please send an up-to-date CV via the relevant link.
Keywords- DevOps / Cloud Computing / Engineering / Physics / Python / Computer science / ansible / HAProxy / linux / UNIX Amazon web services / Azure / GCP / Kubernetes/ Cloud / Ansible / Python / Linux / UNIX Cloud DevOps Engineer / Cloud Automation Engineer / Cloud Infrastructure Engineer / Cloud Deployment Specialist / Cloud Operations Engineer / Cloud Platform Engineer / Cloud Solutions Engineer / Cloud Systems Engineer / Cloud Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) Engineer / Cloud DevOps Specialist / Cloud Automation Specialist / Cloud Deployment Engineer / Cloud Infrastructure Specialist / Cloud Operations Specialist / Hybrid Cloud Engineer / Cloud Integration Engineer / Cloud Release Engineer / Cloud Configuration Engineer
RedTech Recruitment Ltd focus on finding roles for Engineers and Scientists. Even if the above role isn’t of interest, please visit our website to see our other opportunities.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at RedTech. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.