We are excited to be able to offer an Infrastructure Engineer role working for an industry-leading software company in Cambridge, UK.
This fantastic position welcomes applications from both fresh Graduates or those with commercial IT experience.
Infrastructure Engineer – Graduate Considered
We are excited to be able to offer an Infrastructure Engineer role working for an industry-leading software company in Cambridge, UK. This fantastic position welcomes applications from both fresh Graduates or those with commercial IT experience. You will be joining a company who are going through an exciting growth phase, and where there is growth, there is an abundance of career opportunities. This offers a wealth of training to a graduate who shows the right interests and keenness to learn, or a quick route to leading a team if you are already an experienced Systems Administrator.
Location: Cambridge, UK (due to nature of role this will be on-site)
Salary: £30,000 for a Graduate, up to £50,000 for experienced + excellent benefits
Requirements for Infrastructure Engineer:
- 2.1 or 1st class honours STEM degree
- Excellent problem solving, communication and organisational skills
- If a fresh graduate, you should have at least BCC at A-Level.
You should have knowledge of AT LEAST ONE of the below, however, a very keen interest to learn in these areas. 2 or more would be highly beneficial
- Excellent knowledge of Operating System administration (primary: Linux , secondary: Windows)
- Experience in the setup and maintenance of computer hardware (network devices, servers, end-user)
- Knowledge of all layers of computer networking (Application load-balancing; SSL; TCP/IP; ethernet, WiFi; physical)
- Awareness of security and operational best practices and frameworks (e.g. ISO27001, ISO22301)
- Scripting and automation experience (Python, Bash Shell or similar; ansible)
Responsibilities for Infrastructure Engineer – Graduate Considered:
You will join the infrastructure division within a leading software house. You will support the internal technical and non-technical customers within the Development, Operations, Sales and Finance teams.
This will include supporting:
- 3rd party software solutions
You will also build and maintain applications using Python and BASH for internal customer use.
What this offers:
- An exciting career in sys admin
- A wealth of training to a new graduate
- A quick progression path
- Excellent salary and benefits
- A wealth of career progression opportunities – this is an expanding company and opportunities are in abundance.
If you would like to apply for this brilliant opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Please send an up to date CV via the relevant link. If you are a fresh graduate, please ensure all academic grades and subjects are included on the CV.
RedTech Recruitment Ltd are a technical recruitment consultancy who focus on finding roles for Engineers and Scientists . Even if the above role isn’t of interest, please visit our website to see our other opportunities.
EXCITING NEWS – Our graduate division is running a FREE PRIZE GIVEAWAY FOR A £1000 GAMING LAPTOP for UK students or recent graduates! For more details, full terms and to enter visit the competition page on the RedTech Recruitment website www.redtech-recruit.com/comp
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at RedTech. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Keywords- Junior Infrastructure / Sys Admin / Technical Support / IT Support / Engineering / Physics / Astrophysics / Python / Computer science / Mathematics / Graduate / Post-Graduate / BSc / Masters / Ph.D. linux / UNIX / Physics / C++ / Java / Python / BASH / SQL / Perl / scripting / Systems Administrator / Junior Systems Administrator / Entry-Level Systems Engineer / Systems Operations Associate / Systems Support Specialist / Systems Analyst / Systems and Network Administrator / Systems Implementation Specialist / Systems Maintenance Coordinator / IT Systems Support Associate / Systems Deployment Engineer / Systems Administrator Trainee / Systems Operations Assistant / Server Administrator / Network and Systems Technician / Systems Security Analyst / Cloud Systems Administrator
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.