A unique opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer to join an industry-leading security consultancy based in Derbyshire.
Responsible for developing critical cybersecurity solutions for both Government organisations, and other providers.
Embedded Software Engineer
A unique opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer to join an industry-leading security consultancy based in Derbyshire, responsible for developing critical cybersecurity solutions for both Government organisations, and other providers. Offering a brilliant opportunity to use your engineering skills to contribute in a positive way, while working on an interesting array of challenging, bespoke projects.
Location: Derby – due to security nature of this role it is 5 days on site.
Salary: £40,000 – £70,000 per annum + excellent benefits
Requirements for Embedded Software Engineer:
- Ideally, you will have at least 2 years working in a commercial C/C++ Embedded software role, although strong graduates who have a year in industry, will be considered
- Strong design and coding skills
- Keen interest in security (you don’t need prior experience)
- Given the consultancy element of the role, you will need to be great at understanding requirements and suggesting solutions
- Any experience on the following technologies would be beneficial: C#, RUST, scripting languages, SQL, IP standards, network security
- Due to the nature of the role, this client requires the applicant to be in a position to obtain high level security clearance, therefore, we can only accept applications from British Citizens who can obtain security clearance once they have started working (i.e. lived in UK for past 10 years, no criminal record etc)
Responsibilities for Embedded Software Engineer
- Analysis of customer requirements to produce maintainable designs as well as collaboration in unit tests
- Creating high integrity software, based on formally defined specifications and focused on functional correctness
- Understand requirements and produce solutions
- Code reviews
- Produce documentation
- Work closely within a highly collaborative team
What this offers:
- Excellent salary and benefits
- An excellent opportunity to witness your contributions playing a pivotal role in ensuring information security.
- Excellent working culture with a varied and interesting workload
If you would like to apply for this brilliant opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Please send an up-to-date CV via the relevant link.
C/C++ / C# / Rust / Scripting Languages / SQL / IP Standards / Network Security / Firmware Engineer / Embedded Systems Developer / Embedded Software Developer / Real-time Systems Engineer / IoT Software Engineer / Embedded Systems Programmer / Firmware Developer / Embedded Software Architect / Low-Level Software Engineer / Device Driver Developer / Embedded Software Designer / Microcontroller Programmer / Real-time Software Developer / Embedded Systems Analyst / Embedded Systems Specialist / Embedded Software Consultant / Embedded Systems Integration Engineer / Embedded Software Test Engineer / Bare-Metal Software Engineer / Embedded Systems Researcher
RedTech Recruitment Ltd are a technical recruitment consultancy. Even if the above role isn’t of interest, please visit our website to see our other opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at RedTech. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.