We are excited to be able to offer an IT Support Engineer role working for an industry-leading software company in Cambridge, UK.
This fantastic position welcomes applications from IT professionals with commercial IT Support/Infrastructure experience.
IT Support Engineer
We are excited to be able to offer an IT Support Engineer role working for an industry-leading software company in Cambridge, UK. This fantastic position welcomes applications from IT professionals with commercial IT Support/Infrastructure experience. You will be joining a fast-growing tech company with an abundance of career opportunities.
Location: Cambridge, UK (due to nature of role this will be on site)
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum + excellent benefits
Minimum Requirements for IT Support Engineer:
- Commercial experience in an IT Support / Infrastructure Engineer / Systems Administration type position
- Good academics including a 2.1 or 1st class honours degree + BBC at A Level (or international equivalent)
- Excellent problem solving, communication and organisational skills
- Excellent knowledge of Operating System administration (primary: Linux , secondary: Windows)
- Experience in the setup and maintenance of computer hardware (network devices, servers, end-user)
- Knowledge of all layers of computer networking (Application load-balancing; SSL; TCP/IP; ethernet, WiFi; physical)
- Awareness of security and operational best practices and frameworks (e.g. ISO27001, ISO22301)
- Scripting and automation experience (Python, Bash Shell or similar; ansible)
Responsibilities for IT Support Engineer:
You will join the infrastructure division within a leading software house working within the IT Support team. You will support internal technical and non-technical customers within the Development, Operations, Sales and Finance teams.
This will include supporting:
- 3rd party software solutions
You will also build and maintain applications using Python and BASH for internal customer use.
What this offers:
- An exciting career inIT Support
- A quick progression path
- Excellent salary and benefits
- A wealth of career progression opportunities – this is an expanding company and opportunities are in abundance.
If you would like to apply for this brilliant opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Please send an up-to-date CV via the relevant link.
Keywords- Sys Admin / Technical Support / IT Support / Engineering /Network Engineer / Systems Engineer / Infrastructure Architect / Cloud Infrastructure Engineer / DevOps Engineer / IT Operations Engineer / Server Engineer / Virtualization Engineer / IT Infrastructure Specialist / Technical Support Engineer /Python / Computer science / Mathematics / Graduate / Post-Graduate / BSc / Masters / Ph.D. linux / UNIX / Physics / C++ / Java / Python / BASH / SQL / Perl / scripting / software Configuration / Systems administrator
RedTech Recruitment Ltd are a technical recruitment consultancy who focus on finding roles for Engineers and Scientists. Even if the above role isn’t of interest, please visit our website to see our other opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at RedTech. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.